Fountaine Pajot Motor Yachts
Fountaine Pajot Motor Yachts safety
Unsinkability and the bulkhead structure inside Fountaine Pajot’s catamarans are key elements in their safety. Unsinkability is ensured by volumes of foam placed in the forward and rear extremities of the hulls. The watertight bulkheads in the stem of each hull provide total isolation: even after an impact causing a leak, only the forward compartment floods and the boat can continue to sail.
- Shock-resistant fins – The deliberate decision to employ fin keels over daggerboards was made because of the following advantages:
- Fixed fins – For safety reasons the fins are components completely separate from the hulls, a feature which preserves and protects the watertightness of the boat in the event of violent impact. Furthermore, if such a situation arises, it makes them easier to repair or replace.
- They are fixed and therefore require no manipulation.
- They give perfect protection to drive shafts, propellers, rudder blades and hull bottoms in the event of grounding.
- The absence of a daggerboard case means saving of space in the interior of the vessel.
- Thanks to their wind-tunnel designed profiles, the fins give excellent performance and generate no turbulence or vibration.
The steering station is equipped with a Plexiglass screen providing two functions:
- Gives protection against spray and wind;
- Can accommodate the GPS, binoculars, mobile phone, nautical charts or a drink.
The steering station is provided with all the necessary electronics combined in a single strategic unit.