2014 Multihull Rallies
Mariner Boating Holidays is now offering specialised multihull sailing rallies allowing you to join other catamaran enthusiasts on a hosted cruise through some of the world’s most spectacular destinations.
What is a multihull sailing rally?
A multihull sailing rally is typically a 10 to 15-day hosted sailing holiday with a series of short fun races with days of leisure in between. There is plenty of freedom to explore on your own, and just enough guidance to take the stress out of your holiday. From the water you will experience your travel adventure from a whole new perspective.
Think sailing, swimming, snorkelling, eating, drinking and socialising. Mix it in with a few fun races and bingo – you have a Mariner Boating Rally! Whether you are a single, couple, group of friends, family or even a non-sailor, there is a place for you.
Where can I go in 2014?
Caribbean Canter Yacht Rally
|Sail Tahiti Yacht Rally
13-24 April 2014
11 daysclick for full details
Why go on a rally?
Try before you buy:
If you experience a Mariner Boating Rally and decide to purchase a new boat from us we will reimburse the cost of your holiday via a deduction from the purchase price (conditions apply), find out more by emailing Rachel.
The rally format provides the opportunity to get straight into your holiday, without the usual trial and error you could expect when traveling to a new country. You don’t have much time on holiday so why waste it having your head in the guidebook and hoping it’s up to date? With Mariner Boating rallies, they do all the planning and leave you free time to really just BE THERE.
A unique experience:
Sailing is a really unique way to see the countries you are visiting. Waking up in the morning and stepping out on the deck of a yacht in a foreign land is something everyone should experience at least once in well-spent life. There is also something special about visiting a place from the water that can’t be explained – only experienced.
There is no doubt that you will have the opportunity to make life-long friends from the group. The best part is that you will have the support and camaraderie of your fellow travelers but also have the freedom to take time to yourself. It’s a perfect balance and you can participate as much or as little as you like.
Mariner Boating Knowledge:
It is possible to put together a trip like this on your own of course and Mariner Boating can certainly help you plan one. By the time you add up the hidden costs and hassles, though, most people find it much easier and just as cost effective to join Mariner Boating for a rally. They’ve been there before and know the ins and outs already. Their clients often comment that they had no idea just how much goes into planning and how much more enjoyable their holiday was without having to do it on their own.
Anyone can do it!
The best part about a rally is that ANYONE can do it. It doesn’t matter if you are a long-time sailor or someone giving it a try for the first time. Whether you have a group of people you’d like to travel with or if you are on your own, everyone is welcome. There is nothing Mariner Boating loves more than sharing their experience and helping their friends to try something truly unique.
How does it work?
The itinerary may vary slightly for each destination but they generally follow this tried and trusted formula:
- Arrive at your destination and unwind for a night in a luxury hotel.
- Next day, transfer to your yacht at the marina and settle into life on-board
- The following morning, become acquainted with the yacht before the fleet sets off to the first port of call
- Anchor or moor and spend the evening at leisure – get to know your fellow “ralliers”
- Next day, after a briefing, cruise to a nearby bay and relax with lunch and a swim before the “race” begins to the next port of call
- Racing for sheep stations is optional – we are all heading in the same direction anyway so why not make it interesting!
- On completing the race, we have arranged berthing for the evening as well as a celebratory prize giving dinner
- Now it’s time to explore your destination. The next day is at your own leisure – a helpful newsletter provided by us will get you on the right track.
- This is the pattern for the remainder of the rally. Race, Eat, Explore and repeat!
- Luxury Hotel Accommodation
- Yacht technical assistance 24/7
- Hosted by Mariner Boating Holidays staff – with 35 years of experience and a vast local knowledge
- 6 to 7 Celebratory Dinners
- Yacht berthing on race days
- Optional local onshore excursions
- Your place on a fully equipped bareboat yacht charter
- Dinghy and outboard motor
- One way fees if applicable
- Transit log / Required Yacht documentation
- Change of bed linen and bath towels
- End of charter yacht cleaning
- Race management and post-race prizes
- Transfers where applicable
- Regular newsletters with local information
- Rally souvenir sailing vest
- Emergency assistance
- Social interaction with locals and fellow “ralliers”
- Planned itinerary – semi structured with personal flexibility
- Chart briefing on race days
- Yacht berthing assistance
- One way itinerary where applicable
2014 Event Quick Links:
Bookings and more information:
Please contact Mariner Boating:
- Toll free within Australia: 1300 131 724
- Toll free within New Zealand: 0800 333 628
- Outside Australia: +61 2 9966 1244
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.marinerboating.com.au
Stay in the know:
- Sign up to our e-newsletter which is packed with information on the latest catamarans and trimarans, best buys on boats for sale, catamaran reviews, articles and promotions. Click here to subscribe to multihull solutions e-newsletter.
- Facebook – “LIKE” us on facebook and you can rest assured you’ll be the first to hear any breaking news, great deals, events and more. Click here