Join us on this cruise through the spectacular Leeward Islands of French Polynesia – you will easily understand why the Bounty crew mutinied in this tropical paradise!
Sail flat on a luxury cat and enjoy more space, privacy and stability than you’ve ever experienced on a yacht – choose from the spirited Catana 41 or the spacious Catana 47, carbon infused!
No sailing experience is necessary, sailors non-sailors, singles, couples or full crews all welcome!
Sail Tahiti Yacht Rally Itinerary
13-24 April 2014:
Depart Australia for Papeete. Cross the international dateline and arrive on Saturday (before you left!) Transfer to overnight hotel accommodation upon arrival.
(Tahiti Time) Transfer to Raiatea. Fly to Raiatea and board your yacht by 1.00pm. Cruise to Apu Bay on Taha’a the ‘vanilla island’. Set in an emerald lagoon surrounded by “motu”, tiny islets with white sandy beaches, Taha’a is an ancient volcano dominated by Mount Ohiri. Taha’a is unspoilt and features archaeological sites, tropical vegetation and, of course, vanilla plantations. Welcome function.
Race 1 to Bora Bora. Here you will enter the lagoon through the only pass. Bora Bora is the romantic island where dramatic Mount Otemanu pierces the sky. Lush tropical slopes and valleys blossom with hibiscus, while palm-covered motu circle the lagoon. Perfect white-sand beaches, emerald waters, coloured fish, coral gardens, and the giant manta rays. Post-race dinner ashore.
Day at leisure on Bora Bora. Relax in magical Bora Bora lagoon, swim with the Manta Rays or snorkel the coral gardens. Enjoy life ashore and perhaps a seafood extravaganza at the famous Bloody Mary’s restaurant. (optional)
Race to Tahaa and enjoy the post-race dinner ashore.
Cruise to Tahaa Lagoon. Take the opportunity to explore Taha’a in more depth and end your day in Haamene Bay where you may dine at Hibiscus restaurant (optional).
Race to Fare on Huahine where we will have a post-race dinner ashore.
Cruise the Huahine Lagoon. Known as the ‘woman island’ Huahine overflows with a savage allure she is exceptionally attractive. Her turquoise mirror-like lagoons reflect phosphorescent coral formations that lay scattered in and along the reefs. Fare, the capital has provisions at local markets, shops, post office and even a laundry.
Race 4 – Huahine to Raiatea, Faaroa Bay. Enjoy a night at anchor in Faaroa Bay. There is no restaurant so it is a good opportunity to finish off all the supplies.
Cruise to Uturoa on Raiatea. Known as the ‘spiritual island’, sacred Raiatea lies in the same lagoon as Tahaa. The magical atmosphere of this island is steeped in legend and Raiatea is believed to be the cradle of the Polynesian civilisation. Raiatea is also a delight for divers who can explore underwater gardens near the coral reef. Enjoy our final night dinner and presentation.
Disembark and return by air to Papeete for overnight hotel accommodation before departing for Australia.
Transfer to the airport. You lose a day returning to Australia so arrival is on the following day, but still in plenty of time to prepare for the start of the school term on Monday. Or if you have the time, extend and spend a few days on Moorea. You will not want to leave!
Imagine yourself at the helm of an ultra high-performance catamaran, with the power to maintain high average speeds over long distances. The Catana 47 is fast, light, robust and exceptionally easy to handle, giving both helmsman and passengers a remarkable sensation of speed and acceleration. A perfect vessel in which to explore any of the world’s maritime pathways. Its well-designed, spacious interior offers an excellent standard of comfort.
Catana 47 Carbon Infusion:
This vessel is similar to the above Catana 47 but is built using the latest carbon infusion technology. The infusion construction procedure is particularly important insofar as it greatly optimises boat weight. The Twaron Impact process significantly improves the rigidity and stability of the hulls. This innovation reduces the amount of harmful fumes emitted during construction whilst at the same time increasing the solidity, lightness and performance of your catamaran.
Catana 41 OC:
The Catana 41 OC is a magnificent catamaran. Offering you both luxury and comfort. The 4-cabin Catana 41 has large double bedrooms and two forward berths. There is a panoramic view from the saloon and galley connecting to the cockpit, making the entire upper area a wonderful place for enjoying yourselves. With a shallow draft the Catana allows you to explore previously inaccessible cruising areas.
Standard Rally Prices Include:
- Mariner Boating guide with extensive local knowledge
- Airport transfer for one scheduled flight
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Papeete on a twin share bed and breakfast basis
- Welcome dinner
- Charter of the yacht selected for 10 nights on a bareboat basis
- Local taxes
- Dinghy and outboard motor
- Final yacht cleaning
- Two sets of bed linen and bath towels
- Security Deposit Reduction for yacht
- 24/7 technical support for the yacht
- Berthing on race days according to the rally program
- Three post-race functions including dinner with limited drinks according to the rally program
- Race management including post-race results
- Post-race newsletters with lay day information
- Race and event trophies
- Rally waterproof bag
- Final night dinner
- One group airport transfer in Papeete
The prices exclude:
- Refundable security deposit payable by credit card transaction validated but not processed
- Travel Insurance
- A completed booking form is required for all rally Participants
- Sailing qualifications are required to charter a yacht. Please enquire for details
- A deposit of AUD $1,500 per person is required to confirm a booking
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuation
- Credit card transactions are subject to merchant fees
- The itinerary and prices are correct at the time of issue but subject to changes without notice (01/04/2013)
Personal Travel Insurance:
A valid travel insurance policy is a Mariner Boating booking term condition. We partner with Suresave, whom we have special arrangements for cover during our yacht rallies. Please ask your Mariner consultant for a Suresave no obligation quote.
Bookings and more information:
Please contact Mariner Boating:
- Toll free within Australia: 1300 131 724
- Toll free within New Zealand: 0800 333 628
- Outside Australia: +61 2 9966 1244
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.marinerboating.com.au
Stay in the know:
- Sign up to our e-newsletter which is packed with information on the latest catamarans and trimarans, best buys on boats for sale, catamaran reviews, articles and promotions. Click here to subscribe to multihull solutions e-newsletter.
- Facebook – “LIKE” us on facebook and you can rest assured you’ll be the first to hear any breaking news, great deals, events and more. Click here