2012 Whitsunday Rendezvous
The Multihull Solutions Whitsunday Rendezvous is a superb sailing event where anyone can join the largest gathering of multihulls sailing the stunning Whitsundays for a week of sailing and serious fun! Private and charter multihulls large and small are welcome to enter.
If you do not own a multihull, or relocating your multihull to the Whitsundays is not feasible, please consider chartering from one of the many Whitsunday charter operators. Click here for list of Whitsunday Yacht Charter operators.
Dates: 27 August to 2nd September 2012
NOTE: The sign-on night will be on Monday evening 27th Aug in Airlie Beach, with the first day of cruising on the 28th August. The final presentation night will be on Saturday 1st September on Hamilton Island with a free day sailing on Sunday 2nd September.
Venue: The Whitsundays, Queensland, Australia
Host Club: Abel Point Yacht Club
About the event:
The event is run as a true cruising rally through the Whitsunday Islands with frequent stops for social functions, exploring and relaxing. It will again be run with “fun” being the focus and great prizes will be awarded to those embracing the true spirit of the rally.
Set against the magnificent waterways of the Whitsundays, the Multihull Rendezvous will again be hosted by Multihull Solutions, ensuring it will continue to remain one of Australia’s premier multihull events.
As the Multihull division is now back in Airlie Beach Race Week (catering for the competitive multihull sailors), this year’s Multihull Rendezvous will only feature the cruising rally division with a group of boats sailing the Whitsunday Islands for six days and nights. We are expecting enormous interest in this year’s event which will offer an unforgettable line-up of fun – on and off the water!
2012 Entry Form & Itinerary:
- Download your 2012 Whitsunday Rendezvous – Entry Form (pdf 126 kb)
- Download the proposed itinerary – please note this is subject to change due to prevailing weather conditions.
NOTE: To ensure the enjoyment of all participants, boat entry numbers will be limited so don’t delay, send in your entry form today!
2012 Promotional Posters:
- Multihull Rendezvous poster – low resolution (pdf 941 kb)
- Multihull Rendezvous poster – high resolution (pdf 3136 kb)
Please feel free to print and hang this poster in your local sailing community!
Become a sponsor – click here to email your expression of interest to sponsor this year’s event.
2011 Event Highlights:
- Click here to read the 2011 Multihull Rendezvous Wrap Up
- Click here to view the 2011 Multihull Rendezvous Photo Gallery
- Click here to view the 2011 Rally Highlights Video
To see what the event is all about, click on the below.
(Video footage taken during the 2010 event).
NOTE: There is no racing division in the 2012 Multihull Rendezvous. If you are interested in racing, please visit the Airlie Beach Race Week website for details on this regatta due to be staged from 10-16 August 2012.
For more details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2011 Group Shot after prawn and punch party at Cid Harbour:
- Boat shows we attend
- Australian & New Zealand boat shows
- International boat shows
- Brisbane to Gladstone Multihull Yacht Race – Sponsored by Multihull Solutions
- Other sailing regattas
Stay in the know:
- Sign up to our e-newsletter which is packed with information on the latest catamarans and trimarans, best buys on boats for sale, catamaran reviews, articles and promotions. Click here to subscribe to multihull solutions e-newsletter.
- Facebook – “LIKE” us on facebook and you can rest assured you’ll be the first to hear any breaking news, great deals, events and more. Click here