The TAG 60 is a high-performance yacht, and just like a racing car it is equipped with an array of premium safety features.
- Auto Release – you can program different performance modes to suit the conditions and your sailing or cruising style. The auto-release automatically sounds an alarm and eases the mainsheet, main traveller and self-tacking jib sheet to completely depower the yacht. The program has different settings predetermined by the owner. Typically we set the system at 60% of righting moment for night sailing ensuring the captain can sleep with confidence when off watch. 80% is the setting for fast and safe cruising, ensuring you get to your destination at a good pace in good conditions. 100% is set when the conditions are perfect with constant wind, comfortable sea states and you have competent crew who are up for high-speed sailing and fun.
- Max Heel angle – The inclimeter reads the heel angle and does not let the yacht exceed this by automatically easing or totally releasing the main, traveller and jib sheet. The max angle is also programmable by the user.
- Rig Load sensors – the rig load sensors read the load, and if the maximum setting is exceeded an alarm is sounded and the sail controls are released.
- Centreboards – The hydraulically controlled centerboards can be raised in heavy weather to once again allow a safer ride. Fixed keels cannot be adjusted and this makes a catamaran vulnerable in big beam seas where resistance to side slippage can be very dangerous.
- Engineering – The hull and superstructure were engineered with a full FEA by Gurit – SP High Modulus and the custom carbon-rotating rig by AES. The finest engineering firms were contracted to ensure the TAG60 performs to its expectations.
- Cockpits – The cockpit and aft deck have high bulwarks for optimal safety and peace of mind. All the decks are level and clear of ropes ensuring safe and ergonomic movement across the boat.
No other sailing catamaran in this class offers this level of safety while still delivering exceptional performance. Of course all the safety features that apply to an open-ocean, class “A” sailing yacht designed to sail around the world are standard in our range too.