Looping 47 extended
Tax USA Duty Paid
Denis Jimenez, Marseille, France
The Looping, designed by Patrick Luscher is a performance cruising catamaran. It’s fast and light, with a long shallow draft, snub bows and a cedar strip planking construction. The design uses the full bilge space, so the interior hull is deep, but the light displacement design is not compromised.
The boat was built in Port St Louis in France by her first owners. It’s clear that the construction was done by a carpentry expert, with quality joinery and attention to detail, and is filled with distinctive touches. You’ll notice the saloon floor and tear shaped table as examples.
Kiapa Nui has had three owners, the last owner has taken much care making the boat into a really exceptional sailing and cruising catamaran. If you’re looking for perfect simplicity of design, sailing pleasure and a stylish interior – you’ve found your boat.
Kiapa Nui sailed from the US West Coast in 2015 and has spent the last two seasons enjoying the islands and atolls of this region. Prior to this she had an extensive refit in 2013/2014 with a long list of new equipment:
- Ballenger Spars mast (2014); Standing rigging (2014); Running Rigging (2015); Sails (2014)
- 2x Yanmar 30 HP engines (2013)
- B&G navigation instruments and plotter (2014); Standard Horizon VHF (2017)
- Blue seas electrical panel with clean rewiring (2013)
- Spectra water maker + Wind power + Solar (installed 2017)
- Windlass (2014)
- New fridge and freezer (2014)
- Many smaller comfort items like West Marine folding cushions, BBQ
This Looping 47 is really an almost new boat, kitted out with only the best and excellently maintained. Download the inventory now to see the exceptional equipment list.