New Boat Buying Process
How To Choose & Order Your New Boat
Thank you for your interest in Multihull Solutions range of new boats.
Buying a new boat can be one of the most exciting experiences in life, however it can also be one of the most daunting. Multihull Solutions has the expertise to ensure everything is smooth sailing and will walk you through the entire process.
We are a member of the Boating Industry Association of Australia, New Zealand Marine Association and the Thailand Marine Business Association and are bound by their relevant Code of Practice.
We pride ourselves on conducting business ethically and we have the reputation and return client base to prove it. Click here to read some of our owner’s stories.
Following is a step-by-step guide to the process of choosing and then buying your new boat through Asia Pacific’s leading Multihull Specialists…
PART 1: Choose Your New Boat
There are many factors to consider when buying a new multihull, our New Boat Sales Team will assist you through the process when they contact you, however it doesn’t hurt to think about the points below, so you have an idea which multihull may best suit your lifestyle.
Some things to consider:
- Power or Sail: This is usually a very personal choice, or perhaps you’ve had a sail or power boat before and are looking for a change of boating lifestyle. If you’re unsure, your Sales Consultant will be more than happy to assist.
- Size: It’s important to consider where you will keep your boat, does your current berth or mooring have any beam, height or draft restrictions? If you don’t currently have a berth, where do you plan to keep your boat and what size berths are available in marinas around your cruising area? Multihulls of all sizes are generally very easy to manoeuvre, however it’s still important to consider if you’ll be able to handle the boat should you plan to regularly venture out with only yourself or a light crew on board. Remember that the multihull designed today has a lot more space and volume on board than a monohull. For example, our Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 has approximately the same internal living space as most production 50+ foot production monohulls.
- Type of use: Are you considering extended blue water cruising or coastal cruising in a particular area? Do you have any range or speed expectations?
- Delivery date: Due to the popularity of our brands, many of our models may take up to 2two years from order to delivery. Your Sales Consultant will provide more specific details regarding delivery dates.
- Your budget: Budget is often the final deciding factor for which new boat you choose, it will be very helpful if you start this process with a clear idea of how much you want to spend on your new boat. Running costs of any boat should also be considered and our team can assist you in setting a budget, depending on how you intend to use your multihull.
- Read our current owners’ stories: Our website contains a wealth of information and knowledge from past and current owners, sharing their stories about multihull ownership. Their shared experiences can help you decide the type of multihull that is right for your lifestyle. Click here to view our Owners Stories
- Don’t panic! The above may seem like an overload of information, but your Sales Consultant is here to guide you through the process. We want to have you as a client for the long-term, so it’s our mission to get you into the multihull that suits your lifestyle and budget perfectly without any surprises. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
With the above considerations in mind, please complete our New Boat Information Request Form. This form will ask you some of the above questions to help us understand the type of boat you’re looking for and the best member of our team to assist you.
The best-suited Sales Consultant will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements in detail and answer any questions you may have.
Our sales team are industry professionals with years of experience both selling multihulls professionally and enjoying boating in their personal lives. Click here to learn more about our team
Once you’ve selected a short list of options for your lifestyle and budget or at least narrowed down the search to a couple of models, your Sales Consultant will discuss various options and cruising packages available on those chosen model/s.
At this point, we will also help identify the compromises with each model on your short list and work through those with you from experience, to help narrow down the best-suited model.
You will then be provided with written quotes, including a breakdown of the base price, options and delivery choices (collection Ex-Factory or delivered to Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand etc.). You can also have your quote provided in your choice of currency.
If the quotation meets your budget expectations, your Sales Consultant can arrange for an inspection of the model you’re interested in, or a similar model in our network.
Please keep in mind we do not have every model on hand for viewing, we utilise a network of demonstration boats as well which are boats belonging to current owners who are kind enough to allow us access to their private boats when they’re not using them.
These inspections may require you to travel interstate or overseas and these costs are at the buyer’s expense, unless otherwise agreed as part of the purchase process.
The final step in the decision process is getting out on the water on the model you’ve chosen or a model as close as possible to the one you have chosen.
Due to the costs involved and time required to arrange a sea trial, we require that you have first settled on the base pricing of your chosen boat with your Sales Consultant prior to any sea trials being arranged.
As with inspections, we utilise a network of demo boats as well as boats owned by current owners who are kind enough to allow us access to their boats when they’re not using them.
These sea trials are finite, and we need to be sure you are committed to an agreed purchase price should you wish to proceed with the purchase, prior to arranging to utilise a current owners’ boat.
You’ve decided on your new boat, it’s now time to get your order into the factory so we can firm up your delivery date.
PART 2: How To Order Your New Boat
Step 1: Complete Your Order Form & Initial Payment
To begin your order process, we require you to complete and sign the New Boat Order Form and make an initial payment towards your order deposit. On the Order Form you have the opportunity to outline any specific conditions you require.
Step 2: Pay Balance Of 20% Order Deposit
Within 7 days of completing your Order Form, a Deposit equal to 20% of your order (less initial payment) is required. This commitment allows Multihull Solutions to confirm a delivery date with the Shipyard. If you are unable to provide a full 20% deposit, our CFO will discuss alternative terms with you.
Step 3: Choosing Your Factory Options*
Following the satisfaction of any conditions in your Order Form, you will be contacted by our Service team to arrange a time for a Preliminary Factory Options Meeting either over the phone or in person. During the meeting your Service representative will discuss and explain the various options available on your model. This preliminary specification will make up Appendix 1 of your Purchase Agreement. (Note: These options are all changeable, up until the close date. See Step 4)
*A Factory Option is any optional item supplied and fitted to the boat by the Factory prior to its completion.
Step 4: Purchase Agreement
Once your Factory Options are chosen, your Purchase Agreement will be emailed to you for your review. Once satisfied with the details of the Agreement, please sign and return by reply email. A counter-signed copy will be sent to you for your records.
(Note: Our Purchase Agreement will include a detailed outline of all future payment amounts and due dates for your reference)
Step 5: Closing of Factory Options*
You will be contacted by the Service team approximately 6 – 8 months prior to your boats completion date to arrange your Closing of Factory Options Meeting. This is your last opportunity to make any changes to your factory order / specification. Our team will again assist you with any additional information or clarification that you might need.
Step 6: Ex-Factory Options
You will be contacted by the Service team approximately 5 months prior to your boat’s completion, to discuss Ex-Factory Options.
Your Service Representative will use their extensive experience and knowledge to suggest options that suit your model and individual requirements based on how you plan to utilise your boat. Your Ex-Factory Options are a work-in-progress, to be finalised approximately 4 months prior to the completion date of your boat.
*An Ex-factory Option is an item supplied and fitted to the boat by an Independent Contractor after the boat’s completion in the factory.
Step 7: Notice of Completion Payment
Upon notice of completion (approx. 1 month prior to delivery) you will be required to make the final payment towards your new boat order.
Step 8: Delivery or Ex-Factory Pick Up
Depending on whether you have chosen to collect your boat from the factory, or have your boat delivered to you, we will be there to help you with the process. We will not rest until you are completely satisfied and ready to sign your Delivery Acceptance.
Step 9: After-Sales Service & Warranty
Our service does not stop when you sail off into the sunset. Multihull Solutions has an industry-wide reputation for excellence in after-sales service. Our dedicated service team are here to help you when needed, handle warranty claims and assisting with general service regardless of where you are in the world. We want you as our long-term client and pride ourselves on the level of service we provide to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Complete your New Boat Order online, ordering includes payment of a $5,000 Order deposit which can be paid by Credit Card securely online in AUD or Direct Deposit in AUD, NZD, EURO & USD.
We are dedicated to your full satisfaction and welcome you to contact us at any time. Should you have any questions or require any further information during this pre-delivery period, please get in touch on the below details.
Wayne Dickenson – CFO
SERVICE / OPTIONS ENQUIRIES
Michael (Nod) Crook
SALES & ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES
From Australia: 1300 855 338
From Overseas: +61(0)7 5452 5164