Insuring your boat
Let us do the hard work for you
Does your insurance cover your specific cruising plans and destinations? Don’t find out the hard way that your policy may not cover you when you need it most.
Multihull Insurance can provide you with a simple Insurance Health Check, hassle-free, with no obligation and at no cost to you.
Don’t waste your time filling out multiple forms with various providers. Let us save you time and money! With just one application we can provide you with all the information you need to choose the most appropriate insurance policy for you and your multihull, giving you ultimate peace of mind to enjoy your cruising adventures.
Our Insurance Partners are the best in the industry, offering tailor-made multihull insurance cover at the most affordable price.
Simply answer a few short questions over the phone or by completing the brief form below, and we will take care of the rest.
What Happens Next?
Once you have submitted your Quote Request, our team will get back to you within 48 hours to provide the most suitable policies available that will best cover your cruising plans and needs.
Our Multihull Insurance team will then be on hand to assist with your decision and to guide you through the next phase – submitting your application, making policy payment (usually by credit card), and to issue your Blue Card and Certificate of Currency.
Looking to fill out a service warranty request form instead? Complete the form here.
Cruising Multihull Insurance Specialists
We are the specialists in cruising multihull insurance with more than 22 years of experience ensuring hundreds of clients have the most suitable insurance for their lifestyle and cruising plans. We understand the differences between cruising policies and what is required to cover you in various local, national and international cruising grounds at all times of the year.
If you are looking to register your vessel (or already have registered) in Australia, New Zealand, Cook Islands or Langkawi (just to name a few of the options for your Country of Registration), we can assist you with your required multihull insurance.
Whether it be coastal cruising, offshore blue-water cruising or circumnavigation, we will connect you with the right insurer to ensure you have peace of mind wherever you intend to navigate.
Our Insurance Partners
Handy Things To Know
- For insurance applications of a new or near-new multihull, photographs of the vessel and its full inventory will be required with your application;
- In the case of insurance applications for an older multihull, a recent survey and rigging report is required by the underwriter within 45 days of purchase. This is an assurance that they “know your boat”;
- Trimarans are difficult to insure in Australia, so please talk with our team for peace of mind if you have plans to purchase a Tri;
- A Blue Card or Certificate of Currency will be required in order to enter any marina. If you do not require full insurance for your vessel but require a Blue Card for this purpose, we can arrange coverage for third-party purposes only;
- Establishing a close relationship with the Insurer is essential, and remember to advise them of any change of plans to your proposed area of navigation;
And most importantly:
- Carefully read your Insurance Policy documents, taking special note of wording relating to Named Storm, swing moorings, home port, your cruising plan, minimum crew requirements, and single-handed passage making to ensure your coverage is not compromised;
- Be careful not to overvalue your personal effects. You might really love your old red spray jacket, but is it actually worth $500?
- If travelling overseas, do you require further health and travel insurance? A Yachtsman’s Insurance extension is available for extra cover and peace of mind;
- Compare the deductable figures against the overall premium. Save now or save later – some companies have a higher deductible amount but a lower premium cost. What is important to you?
- Is your quote on a “New for Old” or “Current Market Value” policy? Agreed value and replacement value are two very different types of cover, and will reflect in the cost of the overall policy.
Talk to our Multihull Insurance specialists today to ensure you have adequate coverage for you, your family and crew, your multihull, and your cruising plans.